Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Clothespin and a towel

I never needed money or access to the Internet to make my child a superhero like I just heard on the news tonight.  All I needed was a bath towel and a clothespin.  

Pick your character name, throw the towel around her shoulders, attach the pin at the front to hold it on and voil√†, superhero.  Hours of fun.  

Erica running and yelling "Darkwing Duck!" Erin running and kicking, using all her Kung Fu skills.  Emmy following, laughing, repeating, and using an occasional "yeah" when she couldn't repeat them.

I can still see them.  I can still hear their little voices with that southern twang.  Imagination and some household items was all that was necessary.  Appliance boxes, pots and pans, towels, and your mind.  What could be more powerful?!