Sunday, June 16, 2013

Past friends future happiness

So today we celebrated my mom's 75th birthday.  People were there that I hadn't seen in about 20 years.  It was amazing.  I had begun to forget some of the conversations and great times we had together.  It all quickly came back and I now remember why I am one of the luckiest people in the world.  For all the crap there is amazing joy packed away that was brought to the front of my mind again.  

My probably favorite relative of all, Jana, was there.  She put up with all my shit when I was a kid and never told me it was wrong even when she should have.  She is a wonderful woman.  

I hope the joy I am feeling in my heart stays for a while.  When I am with these folks I remember that I may not have had my shit together as a kid, but I turned out just fine.  

I usually don't give hugs, but today I was hug-happy.  I think my heart grew 2 sizes today.