Sunday, September 8, 2013

Almost lost a dog today


See that dog peering over the screen and the mammoth spider?  Sampson came close to meeting his maker today.  As I took him out back this morning to give bones and water to the dog next door, I saw it, but he in his vigor did not.  He went flying out the back door.  As he passed through the outer edge of the web the spider quickly dashed in his direction.

I can admit that apparently I have found the extent of my love.  If you move through a web with a monster spider on it, I will not save you.  There I said it.  I will indeed stand watching as you are eaten and will only then probably go get a bottle of Raid and spray everything within my vision stream until nothing moves.  

It would have been just awful enjoying the first Sunday of the NFL season if the morning would have gone horror movie wrong.  Enjoy the day everyone.  May your day be spiderless.