Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Annual

Ah, a woman's favorite time of the year - the annual exam.  It used to really bother me, then I had children.  Once you have had that many people see your parts, the annual is a non-event.

Doctor: I have a student doctor here today, may she observe?
Me: Sounds great! Don't judge me...
Doctor: We only do Paps every 3 years now, so you don't have to have one this year.
Me:  I am so disappointed. 
Doctor: I see you need to have a mammogram. I will get you scheduled.  Can you do it before you leave? 
Me: Sure.  I thought this morning when I got up that it would be a great day for boob-smashing.  Turns out it will be.
Doctor: Do you check your breast regularly?
Me: Nope, that's why I got married, so I wouldn't have to mow or check my boobs. 
Doctor:  I do enjoy your visit every year.  You make me laugh.
Me:  it's what I do.  Thanks Doc. See ya next year, same bat time, same bat channel.