Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Take that candied yams!

I wasn't always the super pleasant person I am today.  I know it is hard to believe.  I once had a temper and was kinda mean to people.  I know, say it ain't so...

My favorite "you are outta your mind" episode occurred one Thanksgiving.  Everyone kept asking me "do you want help?"  Now if I want help I will say I want help.  After the 10,000th time of hearing that, I had just opened the oven where the candied yams were baking.  I picked up the pan and the load shifted.  Yep bad news when you are talking about yams and aluminum.  So in one of my epic moments, I decided to just throw the pan on the floor and proclaim "I need a bit of help."

My mom was like "Jesus Shelley, all you had to say was stop asking me for help." Oh snap, the eyeball rolls, laser-eye looks, and snarky remarks clearly didn't speak loud enough.  Sunshine enjoyed the yams.  I think my kitchen is still sticky in places from that day and it was over a decade ago.  I don't know if that speaks to my cleaning abilities or the force I exerted on that food item.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and may you always have much for which to be thankful.  Gobble Gobble