Friday, November 1, 2013

Tootsie Pop

As I look at all the inventive Halloween costumes that kids wear these days, I am reminded of the costume I wore when I was 9.  My mom made me a tootsie pop.  That's right.  I was a bright red sucker.  Explains a lot.

Many a Halloween we traveled about our neighborhood that was rich with kids and houses that gave out lots of candy, popcorn balls and other great things.  The best was the house that gave out FULL SIZED Hershey bars.  You waited all year for that day.  I remember coming home, pouring out the candy on the floor, having my mom sort it for razor blades and other murderous devices.  In the background would always be a scary movie.

Channel 59 had the best horror flicks.  The classics with Boris Karloff, Vincent Price, and Lon Cheney.  I always loved when this most spectacular holiday fell on a Friday or Saturday night because then I was allowed to stay up and watch the whole movie.  I would finally fall asleep when my little eyelids could no longer stay open after hours of waiting for the Mummy or Frankenstein to break into my room.

Ah, the good ol' days.  I still love watching those old movies.  I am glad no monsters will be breaking into my house to haunt me...or will they...mwahahahahahahaha!!!!!