Thursday, May 8, 2014

The night starts at 11pm

As Emmy leaves to start the night at 11pm downtown, I am reminded of the many, many college nights when that's the time that my night started.  Hell we used to take a nap in the evening so we could stay out all night.  Those were the days...well they ended when the day was beginning. 

Back in the day we didn't have to worry about anything...no one was gonna snatch ya or put a drug in your drink.  You danced for hours with many different guys, then left them hanging.  It was great.

Tonight's speech to Emmy was: make good choices, if you look away from your drink-buy a new one, look out for skeezes, and be safe.  In my mind I was chuckling...I am such a mother with that speech.

I think I'll have a glass of wine and pretend like I am still cool.