Sunday, June 1, 2014

All dogs go to Heaven

The next door neighbor's dog died this morning.  She has not been well for a while.  For the last year or so, I gave her water and bones along with a rub during the week.  She was an outside dog so the last two years were really tough on her old body.  She is in a better place now having crossed the Rainbow Bridge to a life of eternal joy where chewees and dog bones grow everywhere like it is a Willy Wonka's  Chocolate factory for dogs.  

I am reminded when our Great Dane Mandy died when I was a teen.  We didn't have her for long, but she was an outstanding member of the family.  I still remember my little brother coming home and sitting next to her body that was wrapped in a blanket in the backyard.  She was buried there.  I often think of her.  She created many memories for me in a short period of time.  I know she too is in Heaven along with Sunshine, Norman, DC, and the other wonderful family pets we have had.  

I hope it is a long time before I have to see another move on.  On days like this, I believe.  Heaven is real.  And like Joe says, Elly's leg awaits her when her time comes many, many years from now when her time comes to cross the bridge.